Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: When making the special negotiations room, we encountered a problem of placement of transducers on walls. How to properly place them?
Answer: Installing of vibro transducers: All vibro transducers must be installed on the proper mounts provided by the vendor. It must be taken in to consideration that before conducting such operation, the client must inform how many mounts and what kind, he needs.For walls- special nails
For windows- discs
For heater- special holder
Constructively every channel has 2 parallel connections. That create a single channel load.
One channel can hold out up to 32 vibro transducers.
- Question: Can I use the acoustic emitter of SEL SP-157 for protection of false ceilings.
Answer: Yes, the SEL SP-157AS can be used for protection of false ceilings , air shafts and ventilation systems.
- Question: When we place and hold our finger on the device RECARDER the contact group, the LED indicator will flash, but sometimes not. How to fix this problem?
Answer: If no LED indicators turn on, it can mean this:
- 1) LED indication is disabled in Recorder settings menu.
- 2) If the VAS is enabled, chosen acoustic level is not enough to start the recording.
3) The device is out-of-service or its battery is fully discharged.
4) Timer recording mode is activated.
- Question: Is there a way to check if the professional audio recorder RECARDER is on or off?
Answer: To check current operation mode of the device, press and hold a finger on the contact group. If the LED flashes in intervals then the device is recording. If the LED is on constantly and not flashing then the device is ready to start working.
- Question: At what frequencies does ST-202 “UDAV-M“ operate ?
- Answer: The selective cellular jammer ST-202 “UDAV-M“ operates at following frequencies: GSM-900 – (925 – 960), GSM 1800 + DECT – (1805 – 1900), 3G-1 – (2010-2025), 3G-2 – (2110 – 2170), Wf/BT – (2400 – 2484), 4G – (2500-2700), CDMA 450 – (463-468), LTE 800 – (832-862).
Question: How long does it take for SEL SP-71R "Raksa" to detect a surveillance device?
- Answer: Depends on the experience of the operator. Scanning and analysing cycle period is 1.0 – 1.5 sec. And filtration of short term noise requires at least 2-3 sec.
Question: What digital standards does your SEL SP-71R "Raksa" detect?
- Answer: Currently SEL SP-71R "Raksa" can detect following standards: GSM850/ 900E/ 1800/ 1900, UMTS 850/900/1800/1900/ 2100, CDMA 450 (A-H)/800/1900. Also cordless DECT telephones, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi devices.
Question: Can RECARDER be activated by voice? F.E: when someone starts speaking.
- Answer: Professional Audio recorder RECARDER has built in Voice Activation system , which can be adjusted in the setup menu of the software.
- Question: Can the quality of the recording for the device RECARDER be regulated?
- Answer: The audio can be recorded in three different qualities: 8kHz/ 16kHz /24kHz
8 kHz – 36/144 hrs
16 kHz – 18/72 hrs
24 kHz – 12/48 hrs
Question: What is the battery life of the Professional Audio Recorder RECARDER ?
- Answer: The battery life of RECARDER is up to 24 hours in record mode and up to 1500 hours in standby mode.
Question: Are there any labels on the RECARDER, or it comes simply in white?
- Answer: The device RECARDER is produced without any labels or signs (white). The client puts his own label, on his own sole discretion.
- Question: Please advise, what are the differences between non-linear junction detectors "ST-400 “Cayman“, "Кatran-Lux", "NR-900 EMS".
- Answer: NLJD "NR-900 EMS" is an impulse emission type NLJD, with the output power not less than 150 Wt, detector "Katran-Lux" is a continuous emission type NLJD, With the output not less than 1,5Wt. "ST-400 “Cayman“ on the other hand is a principally new NLJD, that emits several frequencies at the same time , 2-3GHz frequency range and the output power of such device is only 2Wt. Impulse type NLJD has a high piercing ability, are less comfortable for detection of corrosional diodes. Impulse NLJD are most effective in empty premises, continuous NLJDs can be used due to its output power corrections can be used near electronic appliances. NLJD "Кatran-Lux" has automatic setup function (in its‘ working diapason) to the frequency,on the second harmonica which has minimum interferences., which is very important when working in cities with developed systems of cell phone networks of diapasons 900/1800 MHz.
- Question: What is better for protection the power mains: noise generators or network filters ?
- Answer: Network interference suppressing filters e.g., FSP-1F-7A provides lowering the levels in working diapason from 0,1 – 1000 MHz not less than for 60 Db and protects not only from information but also protects means of office equipment from outside interferences. But for effective work it is necessary to have a grounding system (but not zeroing), where their absence significantly lowers the effectiveness. So in most situations it is more reasonable to use noise generators, for example: SEL SP-44, which does not need grounding and enabling suppression of non-sanctioned information gathering devices.
- Question: Do I need any special permissions for exploitation and acquiring to search devices (For Example: ST-031M “Piranha“ )?
- Answer: The described search equipment does not require permissions for acquiring and exploitation, because they are technical means of effectivity control of means of information protection through leakage through technical channels and is not a mean of illegal information gathering, and are not special technical means used in the operational-search activity.
- Question: Hello! Please suggest how to protect from hidden video cameras!
- Answer: At present moment the most effective way of protection from non-sanctioned video recording is detection of video cameras. Because, the disruption of the work of wireless video cameras using radio channel can be done by using special generators of electromagnetic noise, but it is hard to influence wired cameras. You can get acquainted to the hidden cameras detectors offered by our company HERE. Devices "Optic-2", "Hubble" work according to optical detection principle , and a new device SEL SP-102 "Arcam" detects video cameras, is based on analysis of electromagnetic spectrum for presence of emissions, which are similar only for mini video cameras which does not transmit information through radio channel.
- Question: Hello, please share, what does the categories mean (different from each other) of the marked premises when testing objects of informatisation.
- Answer: Marked Premises (MP) – are premises (offices, concert halls, conference rooms and so on.), specially designed for holding closed events (office meetings, discussions, conferences, and negotiations and so on.) regarding questions , that are classified as government secrets, also premises that are equipped with government links or other types of special equipment. The category of marked premises is set according to the secrecy and exploitation for these premises.
The premises of the First category- are premises, especially designed for holding meetings with high priority priority or secrecy, also companies, firms, and facilities where such questions can be negotiated.
The premises of the second category- are premises, especially designed for holding meetings of high priority and at which top Secret information is being shared.also cabinets of institution governing offices,and its‘ main subsections in which such questions can be discussed and Secret information can be shared.
The premises of the third category- are special premises and Office rooms of the subsections of the facility , in which negotiations and discussions where Secret information is being shared , are being held. Also conference rooms which hold mass meetings and which sometimes hold closed event.
- Question: Please help,in my car SEL SP-71R "Raksa" gives out Analog 30-40-50 and more db. Can a tracking device, radio microphone or a bug be concealed in a car?
- Answer: Such a situation is possible when there is a wireless video camera (e.g. back-view camera). Mainly, it is necessary to switch the search indicator to SEARCH MODE and move it inside and outside of the car, to find the place, where the level of signal be at maximum. The possible source of the signal can be any radio transmitting device, as well as, so called "Bug".
- Question: Hello i have a technical question regarding SEL SP-71R "Raksa" – what is the scanning length of Wi-Fi Bluetooth and 2400MHz protocols, and what is displayed if we scan Wi-Fi frequency or 2400 MHz.
- Answer: The detection range depends from reception conditions and type of device – wi-fi and Bluetooth, depending from class, work with different output power. Typical range for Bluetooth 1-3m. For Wi-Fi – 2-10 m. If the Exchange protocol is identified, then on the SEL SP-71R "Raksa" display usually this type is shown (wi-fi or Bluetooth). If not identified then only diapason is shown as 2.4 GHz
- Question: Please tell, how to find a Digital „bug" in a car using SEL SP-71R "Raksa". When measuring levels we often see fluctuations, that is, in the same place ever 3-4 seconds at completely different levels. Detection places are the same- 3 spots. Should we draw a map and according to it we should calculate ,on the basis of the parabplic emission?
- Answer: First, make sure that the sourse of radioemission is in the car, and not outside of it(the signals of stationary sourses such as Wi-Fi hotspots, radio modems, base stations of mobile networks and others). The corret thing to do, is to conduct investigation at a different location of the car, better to furthen from such stationary origins.For exhample outside town. If the same signals in the same place are present, then possibly there is a bug. That means the in the described situation there could be a presence of a bug- it can give out different levels. The can applied to the outside signal from outside the car.
- Question: Our company successfully used ST-031M "Piranha" for 2 year . As a result of wrong operators activity, audio input was broken. Can we repair the device by our self ?
- Answer: Yes, it is possible to repair this kind of malfunction locally. Please see a video prepared for you, which describes the process of repair of this kind of malfunction. Video here.
- Question: Our company successfully used Lornet-0836 for 3 year . As a result of physical damage to the unit broke. Can this device be fixed? Photo here.
- Answer: Yes, Selcom Security JSC is also a technical center which provides post-warranty technical services, and in some cases, we carry out repair of the equipment, which was purchased in other companies. Please send your device over for defectation, repair, readjustment.
- Question: When we select the "Wireless Comm" screen on our ST-031M, we don't see anything...We want to re-install the firmware.. But we haven't got it...Can you send us the file for the 1.3 firmware?
- Answer: Recently we have updated our SOFTWARE section. You can find all the necessary software there
- Question: What is the purpose of ST-400 “CAYMAN“ ?
- Answer: ST-400 ”CAYMAN” is designed for detection and identification of devices of unsanctioned information leakage hidden in walls, furniture, etc., also, due to its’ low output power (2W) , it can be used to check people.
- Question: What does the NLJD consist of ?
- Answer: The structure of the nonlinear junction detector (NLJD) consists of: transmitter, receiver, transmitter-receiver antenna system, the display device.
- Question: Do you provide warranty to your products?
- Answer: Yes, we provide warranty for all our products, which we sell.
- Question: Do you provide post-warranty technical servise?
- Answer: Yes, our company provides post-warranty service for the equipment that was purchased from us. In some cases, we carry out repair of the equipment, which was purchased in other companies.