In the Analyzer active as well as passive, modes of operation are being used. It lets the operator to detect “Active” eavesdropping devices, as well as “silent” at moment of the checkup.
-Activation of electret cable microphones by supplying bias voltage to the line:
-Detection of signals of eavesdropping devices, transmitting information through powerlines and low current lines in the frequency diapason from 100 KHz till 150 MHz:
-Detection and analysis of unsanctioned galvanic connections to wire lines in Non linear junction detector and Reflectometer modes;
-Locating wire line installation in walls and other engineered constructions using trace locator.
-Analysis of multi-wire lines using electronic switch;
-The measurement of the DC and AC in the checked line.
• ST-300 SPIDER
• adapters, connecting wire from ST-300 Set
• A set of eavesdropping devices:
2. SF-generator connected to the socket 220V
3. Microphone with power supply from the local telephone land line
4. Microphone connected to the free pair of the low current lines
5. SF-generator with parallel connection to the telephone line
• Telephone line of the local PBX with connection RJ-11
• Ethernet 100MB/s line connection RJ-45
• AC/DC power line 220V 50Hz, euro socket
The sequence of actions for conducting a checkup is described in detail in the manual of ST-300 SPIDER.
Checking the DC mains of 220V
Detected signal with maximum amplitude
The imitator ”SF-generator connected to the line of 220V”, was successfully detected according to the maximum amplitude and acoustic channel.
Analysis of the telephone line
Both pairs of the telephone line with connector RJ-11
are connected with outputs RJ-45 ST-300 1-2 and 4-5 accordingly.
Conducted a checkup of voltage in the SEARCH ALL mode for all possible pairs.
To the pair 4-5 a local PBX, condition “Hearing Aid» is hung up.
Checking pairs using Low frequency Amplifier
Supplying bias voltage +8V
Supplying bias voltage -8V
On the free pair 1-2 we see dynamics
In the earphones we hear acoustics of the imitator “ microphone connected to the free pair of the low current lines”
Switching in to Non linear junction detector mode.
Clear detection of non linear elements on the free pair 1-2, on the pair 4-5 we observe a telephone apparatus on the line without power.
Wired receiver mode
Connection to the telephone line
Detected a signal with maximum amplitude
The acoustics of the imitator can be heard of the “SF- generator with parallel connection to the telephone line”.
On the line (disconnected from the power supply) Localization of places of connection of the imitator “SF-generator with parallel connection to the telephone line” using Reflectometer of ST-300 was not detected. At the same time connection of the imitator “HF- generator with parallel connection to the telephone line” using NLJD was shown.
•The set ST-300 corresponds to the characteristics stated by the manufacturer
• All imitators during checkup were detected
• The comfort of use of the set, minimum time of preparation for operation and conduction of measurements
• Use of Non linear junction detector of ST-300 enables to receive additional characteristic of the detected ( in this case) imitator, but does not out rule the possibility of its presence.
1. Operation of PLC-modem.
Clear line of 220V
Connection of PLC-modem.
The marker is set on one of the signals with maximum amplitude
2. POE on 100 Mbit network Ethernet
3. The effect of connected impulse power supply to the network of 220V on the ST-300 connected to the network Ethernet 100 Mbit
Text published by company Business Security LTD.