The inspection detector of radioactive and metal objects VORTEX RD is intended for simultaneous detection of radioactive and nuclear materials on their gamma radiation, and also objects from the non-ferrous and ferrous metals hidden on a body of the person, baggage, correspondence etc. The instrument can be used as a tool of inspection in military structures, archeology, medicine and in other facilities.
The device SPHINX VORTEX RD identifies people carrying radioactive sources and metal objects, such as weapons, containers for radioactive materials. The SPHINX VORTEX RD model is designed to provide the decision of the relevant tasks connected to counteraction to unauthorized relocation of radioactive and nuclear materials. The device can be used by enterprises of nuclear industry, customs control and inspection services, special forces, security companies and other services as portable device detector of radioactive materials containing ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- High sensitivity;
- Simultaneous monitoring of radioactive and metallic objects;
- Automatic adjustment of sensitivity; Definition of all types of metals;
- Bright light and sound detection indication;
- Absence of false alarms;
- Low power consumption;
- Shock-resistant housing;
- Low battery indication;
- Ease of use;
- Ergonomic design.
- The device;
- Battery 9 (8,4) V.
Additional possible accessories (Optional)
- Rechargeable battery 200 mA, Modular charger 220V, 50Hz (European standard), with a possibility to mount it to the wall. This solution provides a charging source for the battery supplement which is included in the package, it will organize a place to store the metal detector at the object.
- Detector sheath (genuine leather).
|Type of technology scheme||digital, microprocessor|
|Sensitivity (medium-sized pistol)||200 mm|
|Metal detection alarms types||sound, light (vibro only for «Gamma»)|
|Consuming current||3,5 mA|
|Power supply||9 V|
|Time of continues operation (in case of using U9VL-J 9V battery type)||340 h|
|Automatic power supply disconnection when not in use||8 min.|
|Operation level of discharge battery indication||6,5 V|
|Function of defining radioactive objects||yes, scintillator (CsI)|
|Impulse sensitivity of the detector (Cs137)||100 (imp/s)/(μSv/h)|
|Limits of the allowed relative error of measurement (on the line 137Cs)||not more than +30%|
|Response level (on equivalent dose power)||0,3 μSv/h|
|Operating temperature range||- 15° ... +50° С|
|Weight with a battery||0,38 kg|
|Complete set||on request|